Fitness9 Gym Near Diamond Point Secunderabad – Glute Bridges Exercise for Hips and Butt
Glute Bridge is great for improving hip mobility and strengthening your lower back. It will also strengthen and build your butt, get rid of pain and help to improve overall performance.
How to do glute bridges exercise?
How to do glute bridges?
Start lying face up on the ground with arms to the side, knees bent, and heels on the ground with your toes up. Squeeze your glute and abdominal muscles then lift your hips off the ground until knees, hips, and shoulders are in a straight line. Hold 2-3 seconds and return to starting position, repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions. You should feel this working mainly your glutes and secondarily your hamstrings. You should not feel any pain in your lower back. Tip: Be careful to not let your back hyper-extend.
How Often Should You Train Glutes?
3-6 times /week – DB Frog thrusts 4set x 20reps – Frog Reversed weighted hypers + BW 3set x 10reps/10reps BW – DB Single leg hip thrusts 3set x 12-15reps /leg – Back extensions 4set x 15reps – Knee banded fire hydrant 3set x 20reps /side 2-3 times / week – squats 3set x 10reps – Sumo deadlift 3set x 10reps – Lunges 3set x 20 steps total – Bulgarian split squats 4set x 10reps /leg – DB RD 3set x 10reps
What are the benefits of the Glute Bridge exercise?
Glute Bridge exercise improves hip mobility and strengthens your lower back. This is an important exercise for anybody with a desk-bound job. If you do the Glute Bridge exercise correctly you will feel a burn in your glutes and your hamstrings.
Step-by-step instructions for doing glute bridges exercise.
- Lie on your back with your hands at your sides, knees bent, and feet flat on the floor under your knees.
- Tighten your abdominal and buttock muscles by pushing your low back into the ground before you push up.
- Raise your hips to create a straight line from your knees to shoulders.
- Squeeze your core and pull your belly button back toward your spine.
- Hold for 20 to 30 seconds, and then return to your starting position.
- Complete at least 10 reps.
Common Mistakes while doing the glute bridges exercise
- Avoid raising your hips too high. Hyperextending your lower back can lead to strain. Keeping your abdominals engaged will ensure you don’t arch your back excessively.
If you find your hips are dropping as you try to hold the bridge position, lower your pelvis back down to the floor. When you’re first starting out, you may need to hold the bridge position for only a few seconds at a time until you build up strength.